Enter to Win One of 3- $25 Gift Certificates to Halloween Express, Then Share on Social Media for MORE Chances to Win!
Welcome to AboutTheValley.com. Enter our contest below, but while you are here, take a few minutes to look around. Look for more contests, events, articles, classifieds, professionals, deals and products to be added daily. If you would like to open your own online store or share articles, contact us. You can also register for a free account, add events or classifieds or share from your profile. Look for more options and ways to share with your personal account to be added over the next few days too.
Please help us improve your experience. If you run into any issue, please let us know.
Contest Rules & Disclaimer
Contest Rules & Disclaimer
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at the aboutthevalley.com website and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Alabama and Tennessee, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of aboutthevalley.com, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Agents"), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Agents are not eligible to participate in the Giveaway. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of aboutthevalley.com as final and binding
as it relates to the content of this Giveaway.
3. Giveaway Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Oct 15, 2018 and ending Oct 22, 2018. All online entries must be received by 5pm, Oct 22, 2018.
How to Enter: AboutTheValley.com. The entry must fulfill all Giveaway requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of AboutTheValley . Contestants may only enter only once, but may gain additional entries by sharing the contest on social media. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of About The Valley.
5. Prizes: 3 Winners will be chosen (3 - $25 gift certificates) The Winner(s) of the Giveaway (the “Winner”) will receive a $25 Gift Certificate to Halloween Express Huntsville. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at AboutTheValley discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for AboutTheValley to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing. Winner will be notified by 8pm on Oct 22, 2018. AboutTheValley shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize by 5pm Oct 24, 2018, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release if required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Giveaway is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT ABOUTTHEVALLEY]‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that AboutTheValley, anyone acting on behalf of AboutTheValley, and AboutTheValley’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless AboutTheValley, it's representatives and affiliates from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which AboutTheValley may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right. Participants will be added to our newsletter list and may receive updates from AboutTheValley.com or it's affiliates.
9. Terms & Conditions: AboutTheValley reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond [your company name]’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, AboutTheValley may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by AboutTheValley. AboutTheValley reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. AboutTheValley has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, [your company name] reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless AboutTheValley and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND ALABAMA. A Condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Limestone County, Alabama having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Giveaway). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Giveaway is About The Valley 600 Boulevard South Huntsville, AL 35802.
14: The Giveaway hosted by AboutTheValley is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or other social media.
15. You, the Contestant, affirm that you have reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.